Category: Motors & Marine: Boats for SALE
Location: Hua Hin, Prachuap Khiri Khan
Posted by: Time to grow
Phone: [Only for registered users]
Posted on: May 20th 2018 (expires in 28 days )
Price: THB 1,200,000
Westsail 32 #242 - 1974 - HULL # WSSK 02420874
LOA 32' LWL 27'-6" Beam 11'- 0"
Draft 5'-0" Displacement 20,000 lbs.
Fiberglass Hull, Ballast 7,000 lbs.
Sail Area: 663 Sq. Ft. Cutter Rig Sloop
Engine: Yanmar 3GM30 HP: 30 Fuel Type: Diesel
Fuel Tank Capacity: 70 gals
Water Tank Capacity: 76 gals
Designed by Bill Crealock as a heavy displacement double ender for long distance cruising, this boat is the epitome of seaworthiness; built strong and heavy with huge interior volume. Renowned storage and load carrying ability. 6’ 3” of headroom above and a 5’ foot very full keel below. Margarita has recently completed a trans-Pacific voyage from Florida and is currently berthed in Thailand. She has been part of the family for over 22 years and we have completed many voyages together but now other interests have forced the difficult decision to sell. If your Looking for a sound, reliable, safe, well-loved and well looked after world cruiser or just a home away from home, this is your yacht.
Down below, there is an enormous interior volume, definitely one of the largest and most livable interiors for 32 feet. There is a generous full width V-berth forward followed by the head, opposing settees and a centerline table. The Starboard settee slides out and the second table leaf folds up to comfortably seat four around the dinner table. Galley to port and a sit down chart table to starboard. The cushions require reupholster but Thailand is an ideal place to have this work done allowing a new owner to custom design a layout that suits their taste. The gorgeous teak and mahogany interior is highly varnished with lots of intricate inlay work. Real (solid) Teak and Holley floors. Given 10 bronze opening ports, two reversible hatches provide good ventilation.
• Icom Marine VHF 502
• Icom IC-M802 Single Side Band High Frequency Radio with Icom Automatic Tuner and Insulated Backstay Antenna.
• Pactor Modem SCS PTC-II USB for HF E-Mail
• Dedicated 12-volt computer with LCD screen and water resistant wireless keyboard.
• BU-353 GPS puck and tuning software.
• Open CPN Chart Plotter software with extensive chart collection.
• Sailmail E-Mail software (Subscription Required)
• Depth Ray Marine D60 Depth Sounder
• Em-Trak B100 Class B AIS Transceiver with dedicated antenna.
• Sony FM/AM USB Compact Disc Player
• Galley sink is a deep double stainless steel sink with pressurized fresh water and foot pump salt-water faucets surrounded by a Corian counter top.
• There is a gimbaled three-burner Force 10 propane stove/oven.
• Hidden Microwave oven
• The large refrigerator/freezer is a custom built dual coil, dual powered, dual cold-plate system (new compressor 2014.).
• Force 10 Cozy Cabin Bulkhead Heaters
• Margarita has a Yanmar 3GM30. She was professionally rebuilt in 2013.
• 120 amp Large Frame Balmar alternator with switched clutch (Rebuilt Sept 2017).
• Large refrigerant compressor with switched clutch (New in 2014)
• Heavy cast bronze single lever shifter and throttle.
• Racor 500 Secondary Fuel filter and water separator.
• New motor mounts in December 2013.
• Oil change hose permanently mounted to oil pan.
• Vetus flexible drive coupling.
• Numerous spare parts.
• Two polypropylene potable water tanks for roughly 76 gallons.
• Shurflo High capacity potable water pump
• Wilcox-Crittenden "'Skipper" head, arguably the best marine head ever made with many spares.
• Beautiful Teak sink in the head.
• Head Holding tank with diverter “Y” valve for pump out.
• All cast bronze thru-hulls and seacocks replaced 2000
• Margarita was completely rewired in 2000 with a custom-built AC/DC breaker panel and all new marine tinned Boat Cable.
• Heart Interface Freedom 20, 2000 watt charger / inverter
• Navigation lights were upgraded to LED in 2013
• Interior cabin lights are LED, Florescent, and Incandescent.
• Link 2000 Energy Monitor / Inverter Control
• Balmar Max Charge MC-512 smart regulator
• LPG control, Bilge Monitor, Alternator and Compressor energize
• Four Trojan deep cycle flooded six volt batteries (new in Sep 2017)
• Starting and Windlass battery: Trojan 12 volt flooded deep cycle (2013).
• Lofrans Tigres gypsy/wildcat horizontal Electric Windlass
Hull and Deck:
• Freshly painted with Copper Coat antifouling in 2013.
• Deck painted in 2000 with Awlgrip gloss and an aggressive Imron nonskid for solid traction on deck.
• Robust Teak Bowsprit and Boomkin
• Mast pulpits to port and stbd.
• Custom built turtle with stainless steel hand rails
• Sunbrella Bimini and Dodger which can be set with the sail up.
• Cockpit cushions made from high density closed cell foam covered in Sunbrella.
• There is pressure shower or deck wash down in the cockpit.
• In addition to louvered Starboard companionway hatch doors, we have a heavy acrylic hatch boards.
• Heavy cast bronze chocks and oversized bronze cleats fore and aft.
Mast and Rigging:
• Two speed Bronze self-tailing jib sheet winches.
• ProFurl C320 Roller Furling (New 2014)
• Extruded Bronze Sail Track
• Boom Vang & Lazy Jacks geometrically designed to retract to the clew with minimal fuss.
• Belaying boards on the lower shrouds with cast bronze pins.
• Standing rigging wire all new 2014.
• All chain plates replaced 2013.
• Bobstay Hull fitting replaced 2013
• All mast tangs, bolts and fittings replaced 2000
• Club Footed Staysail.
• Masthead has plate added for cruising spinnaker block.
• Cape Horn Windvane auto steering system.
• Main, staysail and Jib new in 2000 by Kern Sails. Main is fully battened. All in good to very good condition.
• Jib received new Head / Clew Webbings and UV cover by Ullman Sails (Oct 2016)
• Cruising Chute with sock in good condition but needs to be cut down in size.
• Storms Sails: Storm Jib and Storm Trysail
• Storm trysail has separate mast track to be hanked on in anticipation of heavy weather.
• Primary Anchor Rode: 200 feet of 3/8’s inch Proof Coil with additional 100 feet spliced on rope rode.
• Secondary Anchor Rode: 50 feet of 3/8’s inch Proof Coil with additional 100 feet spliced on rope rode.
• Primary 33 Lbs. Spade Anchor
• Two Secondary or Stern 25 Lbs. Danforth Anchors
• 25 Kg Fisherman folding storm anchor
• 12’ Diameter Nylon Storm Survival Sea Anchor
• Two portable Halon Fire Extinguishers
• Fixed automatic Engine Room Halon Extinguisher
• Two Rule 2000 Bilge Pump (1 Installed, 1 Spare)
• Manual bilge pump and Bilge Alarm.
• Diesel shut- offs from companionway
• Bell, air horn, flares, Jackeline’s.
• Inflatable Life jackets with harness
• Life Sling MOB Recovery System
• EZ Stuff Emergency Throw line
• Boson’s Chair
• Radar reflector
• 12’ Foot Nesting Dingy
• Spare prop: 2 blade
• Many charts from previous voyages.
• Many guides
• Fish equipment for trolling
• Baja filter
• Stainless Fastener Kit
• Electrical Terminal kit
• Clevis & Cotter Pin Kit
• Numerous Power Tools
• Extensive spare parts inventory.
• Snorkeling Masks, Fins, & Snorkels
• Hawaiian Slings with spare parts